Delegates for the 143rd State House District are called to assemble in Convention on
May 19, 2020 — 7pm
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/1481005967?pwd=SkFHa2I1cUhia0dwS1UzRVFhb0tFdz09
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
+1(470)8692200 (US East)
Meeting ID: 148 100 5967
The meeting password is 2020LD143
Proposed Rules for House 143:
1. This meeting shall be governed by the Republican State Party By-Laws, except that these rules shall prevail where the same are not in conflict with the By-Laws. All questions as to parliamentary procedures not contained in either the By-Laws or these Rules shall be determined by the rules set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised.”
2. This convention is open to participation for delegates selected between March 24 and 31, 2020 and certified to the town clerk by 4pm on April 1, 2020.
3. Only delegates and alternates will be recognized to place a person in nomination or second a nomination. Nothing precludes a delegate or alternate from nominating or seconding themselves. Nominating speeches shall not last longer than 2 minutes and seconding speeches not longer than 1 minute.
4. The Chairman shall declare nominations closed when there is no response to the request for further nominations. A motion to close nominations shall not be in order.
5. In the event there is more than one nominee, the vote will be taken by roll call in accordance with CT State Statute. The nominee shall be the individual that receives a majority of the votes cast (50% +1). Vote switches will not be permitted.
6. In the event there are no candidates receiving 50%+1 of all votes cast, a second ballot will immediately take place. Vote switches will not be permitted.
7. If there is no nominee after two ballots, the candidate receiving the lowest votes will be removed for each subsequent ballot until a candidate receives the required 50%+1
8. The nominee of the convention shall be permitted to address the body.
7pm Convention begins
Delegates will endorse a candidate for multi-town state house
Should you wish to test the technology prior to your convention, please feel free to join one of two webinar trainings we will have on the following dates (Click to join).
If you are not a selected delegate to this convention and have been sent this link in error please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to receive a corrected link.