The recently released “Twitter Files” posted by journalist Matt Taibbi revealed that in October 2020, the Connecticut Secretary of State emailed Twitter in an attempt to take down “suspicious” accounts.
Why It Matters: This is a prime example of far-left Connecticut Democrats working to subvert free speech in America by secretly colluding with Twitter.
Zoom out: The email from Connecticut’s Secretary of State to Twitter is part of a larger release of the Twitter Files following Elon Musk’s takeover of the social media platform.
- During the 2020 election, Connecticut employed an “election disinformation officer” who was tasked with finding and removing alleged misinformation before it spread.
- Connecticut Secretary of State email surfaces in Twitter Files
- CT Attorney General Tong Asks Facebook to Remove “Disinformation Dozen”
- Taibbi on Twitter Files: We’ve Discovered A Public-Private Censorship Bureaucracy
- Twitter Files: Big Pharma Pushed Social Media Vax Policy
- How the FBI Hacked Twitter
- ‘Twitter Files’ reveal execs warned Dems of false Russian bot claims — but didn’t tell public